Used For Unconscious Victims
The Recovery Position is used when someone is unconscious, otherwise unhurt, still breathing and the heart is still beating.
First, check for injuries. With moderate to severe injuries, do Not move the victim. Call 911 immediately for an ambulance.
Reposition the person into the Recovery Position if the victim is unhurt, breathing normally and the heart is still beating:
- Gently roll the person on their side
- Tilt head back with chin up to keep the airway open
- Position mouth towards floor or at least parallel to floor for drainage
- Cross and lock arms and legs for stability
- Seek immediate medical care
For unconscious victims whom have stopped breathing or the heart has stopped beating, roll the person onto the back and perform CPR until emergency teams arrive. (see CPR blog)
Presented by www.PatchUpKit.com ..supporting safety and wellness for you, friends and family!